Sunday, 20 April 2014

SUGAR & SPICE



Hope everyone has been enjoying their Easter break, whether that includes stuffing your face with chocolate, or being good and staying away from it all. Anyway, I'm currently on a very much needed one week 'study break' because of Easter. Before the break even officially began (beginning on Good Friday), I partied away on the Thursday night. It was a medical student union party event by the university: Allied Health. And this year the theme was Sugar & Spice. I didn't purposely dress for the theme but my dress fit perfectly on the sugary side in it's delicious whiteness.

I fell in love with this dress, by Nicola Finetti, when I tried it on while dress shopping for my high school graduation, but at that time it was +AU$200. A few months after, my mum found it on sale for $50! So she decided to surprise me and bring it home. I was still in love with it until I decided to wear it to my first social University event. I realised I didn't like how it fit on my body (trust me, it looks nothing like how it does inthe lookbook: p.13-14). The fabric was heavy and loose so it emphasised all the wrong places and made me lookwider and shorter than I was. So the dress you are seeing now is actually altered by my amazing mum. She took off the fabric around the bodice and separated it into a crop top, as I had wished, and the skirt was also shortened. A lot of time and effort was put into it, and I am so amazed and grateful for my mum and herimpeccable skills. Minimal jewellery once again as I was rushing out the house, but I slipped on my favourite delicate lace boots. 


Could be filed under 'Sweet and Lovely' but it fits better under 'Sexy Stunner' with this clubbing dress. 

20 comments:

  1. Great style, i love your blog! Have a great easter

    If you have a spare minute pretty please could you vote for me as 'Best Personal Style Blog Newcomer' at Company Magazine's Style awards 2014? It only takes a few seconds and I would really appreciate it! To vote please follow this link: http://www.company.co.uk/magazine-hq/company-style-blogger-awards-2014

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how each part of the outfit matches! Great savings on the dress and it was so nice of your mum to bring it home for you! :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/ - Building up your designer wardrobe without breaking the bank..

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!!!!! GREAT POST!
    happy Easter!!♥ ♡ ♥ ♡
    Do you want to follow each other on instagram? I'm @chicstreetchoc!
    DISCOVER THE CHIC CITY GUIDEs CHOC
    CHIC STREET CHOC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Flavia! Happy Easter to you too ;)

      Delete
  4. This outfit looks great! Especially with those shoes, they're so pretty. Hope you have a lovely Easter :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! Hope you have a lovely Easter too!!

      Delete
  5. Why did you cover your face? Lovin the outfit hihi

    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know in my blog
    Lou of,steal-thestyle.blogspot.com ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, it's because I'm not much of a makeup person and when I don't wear makeup, far away photos like these for outfits washes me out. So it's easier just to let people focus more on my outfits than my face :) Thanks for the comment, will return the support :D

      Delete
  6. thank you for stopping by on my blog lovely! love the blog and style now following :)

    This Girl Loves Chic 

    Facebook : ThisGirlLovesChic 


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress!

    xx stephalsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That crop top is adorable! I love how romantic and sweet this looks:)

    xoJules
    http://forvanityssake.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this outfit, don't know if I would be confident enough to pull it off though. You have some really nice outfits on this blog.
    I write a blog too, if you had the chance it would be great if you could have a look
    http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your style Louise! The heels are killer :)
    So happy that I came across your blog! Can't wait to see more xx
    Hope you're having a lovely Monday!xx

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Glad you love it! You have a lovely Monday (well Tuesday now over here) yourself :)

      Delete
  11. Love your style is beautiful, you have a great blog.
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful outfit ;)

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a cute outfit!

    cultkid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit! Your blog is beautiful) I really like your shoes

    http://suninsquare.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  15. the dress is adorable! I'm giving away a coral colored Eric Javits handbag and it would look great with this. XO
    www.loveandmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template ADAPTED FROM The Sunday Studio. All rights reserved. © 2015 The Faceless Style