Navigation Bar

Tuesday 28 July 2015

2AM

"Lit through the darkness at 1:58"
- Taylor Swift


3/7/15 2:00am and Perth was concealed under an eerie cover of fog. I was unable to grasp the truth that I was still in the same city. Wanderlust rushing through my veins, my eyes were like a child's once again as my heart beat in absolute awe. '2am's were made for poets, lovers, writers, visionaries, photographers, painters, over thinkers, silent seekers, these are my favourite hours.' - Tulisan Manda

Spontaneous late night adventures is what I live for, endless drives, late night wanders in a park, swinging in the dark, lying in the grass and staring up at the universe, even just going to a 24 hour food place and pigging out. Late night adventures with the best people. A blank mind and open heart with nothing but good vibes and good company. 




I have these moments where I'm so void of all the superficial things we surround ourselves with in our daily lives, where everything disappears and all that is left is the feeling of content and wonder. Yes, there are no elements of fashion in this article. And no, this isn't an article about travelling. This is just one very simple post about finding a state of peaceful happiness in the simplest form: in your own city, with the people you already know. The beauty of what you already have. See past the fog and cherish it.

This blog has always been about inspiring my readers, and I hope this inspires you. We are too often 'looking forward' to something, to the weekends, to a holiday, and we forget the majority of our life: the days during the actual week. Life doesn't have to feel mundane. Late night adventures are truly the best. 
  
'Someday you'll be looking back on your life. At the memories, this is gonna be one of those nights'  - Tim McGraw
Photos courtesy of Darren Wong
  

28 comments:

  1. Perfect post, I love your style of writing! Keep going!

    Izabell │my diary/klik/

    PS: Follow for follow? Let me know, I always follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing post!!!! beautiful pictures :) follow for follow?
    http://loryschannelmakeupandbeauty.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post and lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post and lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow great pics

    http://carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about Egypt, Jesolo, Tahiti...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree with this. And I especially love your quote about 2AM being the hour of the artists and writers. Usually the mind strikes its creative process on those times of the night, or early morning technically, and it's just plain blissful. <3

    Mimi Gonzales | The Foxy Heroine

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, great post :) love it totally :)

    http://lovelyattitude.com
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXgCA_WBZujFxoMV1kXg_9g

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there, I enjoy this post so much I feel inspired, thank you. The photos are amazing too.
    Glamoury Armory Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Words plus photos, just strikingly endearing! Indeed this one's a strong write up :)

    Lou | wander-soul.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this post is really inspirational, thank you so much for sharing. Moments like these are magical indeed, at night with people you love and with crazy adventures, I had many night like this in Paris. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos, and for making me relive nice 2 AM moments :D
    XO IMKE | Pastellics

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Love the pictures!
    http://fashion-soup.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post! <3
    Amazing pic!

    http://www.adelaacanski.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so unique. Living life at 2am can truly be an eye opener. We perceive life so differently when it is dark.
    Wonderful post and photography. :)

    www.chicuturnonglitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously these photos are just Awesome. <3


    SelestyMe.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Inspirational !

    www.stvdiobrooklyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing photos, i loved :)

    *XoXo
    - www.helenaprimeira.blogspot.pt
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8FHHl3dT3g
    - https://www.facebook.com/PrimeiraPanos?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love nights, and I love the adventures associated with them, something so eery and romantic about them! Really edgy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is very inspiring, thank you! I love your blog ♥

    marissalev.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pictures are so pretty! Great post!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. the pictures go so well with the text. I love those summer adventures too....

    xo Carola // VIENNA WEDEKIND

    ReplyDelete
  21. Being able to let go of our thoughts and focus on the daily gifts of nature that we've forgotten is a great therapy: looking at the sky, the day, the night, the sun, the stars or the fog... pure delight

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love and miss such nights with friends <3
    lovely pictures.

    Come over and let me know what do you desire for the month of August ! It will be a delight to hear!

    Kissies!

    http://www.desiring-sme.com/augusts-desires/

    http://desiring-sme.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Louise, I love this post. It is so true that when we live in the moment, what is ultimately unimportant vanishes and we are left with our truth. The photos are beautiful and inspiring! Thanks for the reminder.

    Please, check out my blog for styling tips, fashion inspiration and outfits I love. www.curatorsofstyle.com

    Best,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow!
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Perfect post. Love the shots and the title of your blog is really catchy.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cool pictures!

    Have a great start of the week :)
    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template ADAPTED FROM The Sunday Studio. All rights reserved. © 2015 The Faceless Style