Navigation Bar

Tuesday 25 August 2015

L&L

"Surround yourself only with people who love, inspire, 
and encourage you as a person." 
- Mama Zara


L for Love, L for Louise, L for Laura... L squared. Double the trouble, double the fun!

Everybody goes through troubles in their lives, things that people wouldn't even begin to guess are happening. Life manages to throw you some pretty unbelievable hurdles sometimes, like you're starring in your very own movie. Sometimes we are forced to face terrible situations that just come crashing down on you for no honest fair reason but I've learned the best way to deal with it all is to remain positive. 'Thinking positive isn't about expecting the best to happen every time, but accepting that what happens is the best for this moment'. And it definitely helps to have a partner in crime to support you when times get rough, someone to remind you to remain positive or simply to take your mind off of it. And when times are great they are there to share the laughter and make the moment that much better. 

 
I've never been into the whole 'Boho' vibe. Carefree, wild, all-loving kind of style. But Laura is my ultimate 'Boho Babe', boho is something she obsesses over and she does it so well. Just like her personality: carefree and all-loving. Evident from the very start of her giggles, which are undeniably infectious.

People are so cautious in the one person they choose to spend the rest of their life with, when friends are just as significant. People who are content with being single are those with the greatest friends. We don't wait for a man to take us out and see the world, we see the world together. Want to try that romantic new restaurant? No shame, we'll try it out together, call it a 'classy girls' night out' (Laura here even suggested having a candle-lit beach night with our guy friends... you know, just casually). The concept of a relationship fails to appeal to me when friends can give me all the unconditional love and support I need. Treat yourself right, know your value, only let those stay whom add value to your life. 



I'm truly blessed to have found some angels; those who are beautiful not only on the outside but on the inside too. It's a natural phenomenon that I avoid dramatic people, because with drama breeds negativity and when our vibes don't connect there's just no keeping me around. Life is hard enough on its own, throwing crazy sh*t at you, we don't need more people making things up and throwing it into the mix. My consistent aim in life is to be that nonsensical positive beam of light everywhere I go, why be down when you can be carefree and happy!  

Do enjoy this recent collaboration that I have been hinting about for so long, with my soul sister Laura. It's definitely nice to have photos of someone other than myself for once. And damn she is a natural stunner! She's my Karlie Kloss to my Taylor Swift, my Gigi Hadid to my Kendall Jenner. May this be a very belated birthday gift for you babe! Or just a recognition of our blossoming friendship filled with fun cheeky moments and endless moral support.

"I shall no longer allow negative thoughts or feelings to drain me of my energy. Instead I shall focus on all the good that is in my life. I will think it, feel it and speak it. By doing so I will send out vibes of positive energy into the world and I shall be grateful for all the wonderful  things it will attract into my life." 

Me: Lareina Floral Dress / Korea Necklace / Forever21 Stud Earrings / Kmart Boots
Laura: Zara Trafaluc Dress / Maison Martin Margiela Boots / Market Jacket 

17 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful really love your Dress. <3


    www.selestyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous style and blog you have! KEep up the great work!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looks! love it!

    www.fashion-utopia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both look great! i love both of your style,

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these outfits! Super cute !

    http://alexamjohnson.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These dresses are so pretty, love both of your styles!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That red dress with the top vest thing over it is SO good! Love how you edit your photos as well.

    x
    Emily Jenny
    StilettoBeats

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty ladies in beautiful outfits. Loving the boho vibe. :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving this post :) and you two just look so gorgeous :)
    http://lovelyattitude.com
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww you girls are so lovely :) i agree having someone by your side through thick and thin makes a world of a difference. and boho suits you well too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You both you so pretty! Great post!

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  12. I go through phases. There are times when I can go "boho", but then I usually turn my back to my predictable classics or my slightly edgier style. Love that dress you have on and how you've styled it! You can so wear that dress with a simple denim jacket or make it a lot edgier with a biker style jacket too. A very versatile piece indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great post!!We could follow each other ???....Let me know,and i follow you too!!!now i follow you on instagram ,i hope you follow me back!!kiss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the roughed up boho touch in both your outfits :) Lovely pictures! xx
    www.rachelandcupcakes.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template ADAPTED FROM The Sunday Studio. All rights reserved. © 2015 The Faceless Style