Navigation Bar

Tuesday 17 November 2015

HERSTORY

"Stop worrying that your opportunity will never come,
worry instead that when it comes, you're not ready."
- The Empress of China



'The Empress of China' is a TV series overflowing with female power so it's impossible not to obsess over it, especially since it is the most expensive TV series in Chinese history. Every shot is filled with extravagant jewellery, luxurious costumes and breathtaking scenery. The series is based on 'Wu Ze Tian', the only woman in Chinese history to ever rule as an emperor which is extraordinary female power! The actress portraying this lead role is no other than the producer herself, Fan Bingbing, who has no shortage of influence herself, topping the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list in the last 3 consecutive years and recently ranked as the world’s fourth highest-paid film actress over the past 12 months. I was profoundly inspired by this for the current article. Channeling this intensive female power into these photos, you will find it filled with subtle elements of Ancient China: intricate gold pieces and dominant red lips. 

Both my father and older brother have visions and ambitious hearts, and maybe it's in my nature, but I have never once viewed that what they can do is because they are men, I see it is as something they can do because they are humans with a passion. My thirst for accomplishments sees no relation to gender. I too am human, and I too can do what they do. And as a human being, I do sometimes carry an impatient heart, wishing my time would come sooner where all my energy is actually applied to a means of success. Every now and then I have a quarter life crisis, asking myself: 'what am I doing with my life', 'where am I headed', 'what do I want?'. And it freaks me out that I don't seem to have a direction. Maybe I do but I'm just too scared to take the plunge...


However I am reminded by a quote from the 'The Empress of China' to "stop worrying that your opportunity will never come, worry instead that when it comes, you're not ready." Applied in love or in your career. "Relax. You will become an adult. You will figure out your career. You will find someone who loves you. You have a whole lifetime; time takes time. The only way to fail at life is to abstain." Focus on now, and focus on preparing yourself so you are ready when it is your time to shine. You will thrive like a wild fire. Unstoppable. I cannot bear the thought of walking this earth and leaving no value behind. That is the very fuel behind my ambitious heart. 

Ambition makes me sane. I was questioned once why I don't crave a relationship and the intimacy it provides. My answer was that I manage to occupy my mind with other things. I focus on things which are within my control which is building myself. "It's all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self love deficit." Value not dependent on anything or anyone. Be complete on your own, and you'll stumble across someone who is complete on their own. And together you will find harmony.



What I love about 'The Empress of China' is that no matter the number of betrayals and vicious attacks on the female lead, she still carries on life with love and compassion: "Let your past make you better, not bitter." No matter how much feminism tries to push boundaries, there are certain traits we should not leave behind. My mother is the one I thank for showing me what it means to be a woman, to possess a compassionate heart, and to be a truly selfless loving being. The calming flame to cool down the wild fire that my father and my brother has given me. "May my heart be kind, my mind fierce and my spirit brave."

I shall dream big, build an empire and leave a mark on 'herstory'.

KKXAN Lace Dress / Lareina White Stilettos /  Market Accessories

Victoria's Secret Bronzer / Victoria's Secret Eyeshadow / Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (Certainly Red) / Missha Waterproof Eyeliner / Rimmel London Eyebrow Pencil (Black Brown) / Garnier BB Cream / Estee Lauder Concealer

**Tip: use red lipstick above black eyeliner
Inspired by The Empress of China

4 comments:

  1. Amazing post dear! You have a wonderful blog:)
    What about following each other on Instagram, Bloglovin, Twitter?.. :)

    www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!!
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so nice! I like it a lot.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pairing a red lace dress with white pumps is just ... Genius!

    http://againstandforward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template ADAPTED FROM The Sunday Studio. All rights reserved. © 2015 The Faceless Style