Navigation Bar

Tuesday 24 July 2018

CONSTANT MOVEMENT

“We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states,
other lives, other souls."
- Anaïs Nin


In the words of Lonely Planet: "Hong Kong is a city of contrasting light and constant movement; a whirl of commotion that combines climbing skyscrapers and golden stretches of sand with steaming bowls of wonton noodles and ceaseless traffic."


That is what I love most about travelling, the constant movement. Always something new to see, something new to experience... and though my plane phobia and sickness prevents me from constant travels with no rest, it won't stop me from travelling.

There are a lot of things people 'want' in their life. And often times people complain about not having what they want while complaining about why others don't deserve what they have. In all honesty, luck does play a bit in the success of people, but it most definitely does not play a large part of it. And if it plays a large part it, they most definitely will not have the capabilities of retaining it because hard work is essential to build the skills necessary for longevity. People want to be a blogger who travels the world and get paid for everything... they 'want' but they are not willing to put in the hard work. I would never be able to make blogging a profession for the mere fact that I hate constantly taking photos to 'feed' the followers. That is something I am not interested in. I enjoy taking photos to feed my own creative appetite, to explore and express my own mind, not the minds of followers. The commitment to go to 'blogging events' and make a name for yourself in that scene also sounds way too tiring for me. Being an introvert, I cannot imagine enjoying that scene at all. My purpose does not align with those people. It may not be the scene for me but it might be for others. And if you want something, then go after it.


If you complain about not achieving it, it is because you simply don't want it enough. So many people want to be actors, models and sport stars... but so little people are willing to sacrifice the time and people to get there. Instead, all they do with their time is complain about how unlucky they are and how lucky the others are. You create your own luck. Anything is possible if you devote enough of yourself to it.

"The struggle is guaranteed and success is not... So make sure the process is thoroughly enjoyable... Fulfilment should not be tied to crossing the goal but sincerely pursuing it." - Simon Sinek. Ask yourself: "What do you feel about yourself when you are by yourself?"


Sometimes it requires an unhealthy devotion in order to achieve what you want... and that is not necessarily a good thing if you end up sacrificing what you later realise were the more important things to you. It is important to assess what exactly you define as 'success' and what is truly important to you before you go sacrificing everything in order to achieve it. Everything comes at a price. What are you willing to pay? 


For me, family is something I will never sacrifice for 'success'. For me, success is good health for myself and the people I love and a good relationship with them. I work hard because my parents gave up too much for me not to be great. I work hard for them. I save and I save... for a rainy day, or simply to splurge on the people I love. I save because I've seen the problems a lack of money can create. I strive for financial freedom. That is what I work hard for... to be able to achieve the financial freedom so that I will not be controlled by money, so that I will be able to be in constant movement going wherever I want without the money woes tying me down. 

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Kinga! Have you been? :)

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately no,but now I want to :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, the view of Hong Kong is breathtaking! What a beautiful place, and it also sounds really fun! I hope I could visit it one day. Thanks for sharing your lovely pics, dear!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! Yeah the view is one of my favourites :) You should definitely visit it one day! A must go to destination xxx

      Delete
  3. Incredible written. Your words have really touched me. Love this kind of motivation.
    I love to travel because like you said everything is different from what you're used to on your day to day routine.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Radi! xxx I'm glad you enjoyed my writing always means so much to hear positive feedback :) Have a nice day!

      Delete
  4. What incredible photos! I think it's great to have an understanding of what's important to you. We might all have dreams, but if we sacrifice too much to achieve them, we won't feel happy at all!

    Hope you are having a nice weekend! :) It's a busy one here, lots of rushing around, but also some family time which is nice :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mica, thank you for the sincere comment! And you are so right! We need to understand what truly makes us happy and is important.

      Good to hear you still have time for family :) Hope you had a lovely weekend!

      Louise xxx

      Delete
  5. I am glad you wrote this post! As a full time fashion blogger I've been questioning myself a lot, especially in terms of success - the success tick marks considered in this field which I haven't touched much yet! But I know and realized from your post as well success has different definitions for everyone. For me my family and my mental well being comes first, for that I've struggled with a lot! Though I too desire financial freedom and be able to give my family all the luxuries but I guess setting your priorities helps you reach each goal one by one :)
    Hope you're having an amazing week!
    Ankita | Real Girl Talks
    http://realgirltalks.com/
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ankita! Means a lot to hear your thoughts on this! Apologies for the late reply life has been hectic over here haha. Hope you are well! And thank you for the support xxx

      Louise

      Delete
  6. Such cute pics!

    http://www.iameleine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful words. Travel can really be soul food -- especially when you need a breather from the stagnant day to day. x

    https://talesoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Loving your dress 🌸

    Elle | specklesofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template ADAPTED FROM The Sunday Studio. All rights reserved. © 2015 The Faceless Style