Navigation Bar

Tuesday 6 November 2018

WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME

"Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful? 
Will you still love me when I've got nothing but my aching soul?"
- Lana Del Rey


Yes - I am temporily back! Won't be regular fortnight posts and unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to even commit to monthly ones but it's November (birthday month!) and my last post was back in July. The hiatus has been unbearable and I have missed the sanity of writing (not so much the dressing up for photos part - or having photos taken part either).



It's almost 1am on a weeknight and my mother's story about my grandfather stays embedded in my mind. A few days ago he was found in the toilet unable to get up by himself. Apparently he went to the toilet alone because his caretaker went out to buy groceries. He squatted down (Chinese squat toilets - google it, or not...) and being 90 years old he couldn't get back up so he sat there squatting for hours with water dripping all over him until someone found him. It breaks my heart to hear how hopeless old people must feel. I mean I got so frustrated with myself when I injured my shoulder this year and couldn't put on a shirt like a normal person. Other people's helplessness saddens me so much. And my own helplessness angers me.


And then this revelation occurred to me. Old people are just like babies. They get more incapable of taking care of themselves the older they get. Life after a certain age begins to go in reverse. You stop being able to walk, talk and take care of yourself. A parabola - somewhat a Benjamin Button situation but not really.

Except you know what the saddest part is? Babies have their parents to look after them 24/7 but the elderly don't necessarily have this. How sad is it to think that one day our parents will no longer be around to love and take care of us, and all we have are our children (if you have children) who we will pray won't be too busy living their own life to love and care for you when you're old and helpless. You would hope that the same love and care you showered them when they were your baby would be experienced when you are old and incapable.


Aging is terrifying. Not necessarily the grim death part, but the slow deterioration of one's body and eventual loneliness. I guess my message which sparked the dire need for my return post is: Love now, so you don't have to question whether they will still love you later.

MIGU dress  / Lareina purse / Forever 21 earings and rings / Ruby heels

4 comments:

  1. So scary about your grandfather! I hope he is okay now!

    On a nicer note, your outfit is pretty - I like the dress and bag together! Enjoy your birthday month!

    Hope that you are having a good week so far! Another hot day here, but I have the day off to enjoy it :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica! Really means a lot to hear your feedback!! It's getting warmer here too, hope you enjoyed your day off! Thank you for the support xxx Louise

      Delete
  2. Saying I love you and being in love is almost magical. Some say love is forever; others say love never fails. Some say it is wonderful while others say love just stinks. These are just a few of the many things people say about love. One thing is for certain, the notion of people loving and being in love will never change. It is etched in our inner most being to love and express love. So for this Valentine' Day and every day after it, lets all make a quality decision to love more. Not just our families, our friends and our soul mates, but men and women everywhere. Discover great love quotes to share with your lover. if a guy says you mean a lot to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Frahan! Well said! Couldn't agree more :)

    Louise xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template ADAPTED FROM The Sunday Studio. All rights reserved. © 2015 The Faceless Style