Navigation Bar

Wednesday 4 March 2020

LUNAR

"People use to think the skies the limit, 
then somebody went to the moon."



I don't have any new photos so I am going to be lazy (or smart) and use some photos from my trip to China last year in October... Reason is, these are one of those times when my desire to write exceeds my desire or ability to produce new photos.

With the Lunar New Year having just passed a few weeks ago I think these photos are very fitting for where my mind is currently at.


Lunar: the moon rises and shines bright in the night and the night owls come out. I was very much more a night owl than an early bird. However a little update with my life... I quit my job recently and this is my one week off before I start at a new law firm next week. With the workload expected to be much greater and hours longer I wanted to make sure I have a good start on everything and turn my body clock around so that I become an early bird. I have been waking up at 6.30am every morning for the past few days (I used to wake up at 7.30am the earliest). I no longer stay up with the moon. A healthy change in habits. Bad habits can be broken if you have the will, mental strength and determination to do so. Your mind is your own greatest enemy.


New: What's the newest in my life? Other than having started a fresh new year, the newest thing is landing a job at a top tier law firm... one of the big 6 law firms in Australia. I see that as an accomplishment alone and I make sure I take time to acknowledge my successes internally. So often we are quick to go onto the next great thing and are constantly pursuing bigger and better things that we forget to give ourselves a pat on the back for all the work we are putting in and success we are achieving. Remember to celebrate the little victories.   


Year: It's month 3 out of 12 and so far things are looking pretty great. I got a new job. My partner finished his university degree early and also got a new job (he's finally an adult now and I was even happier for him than I was for my own new job). My new business with my brothers is Kicking off. Other than the coronavirus, bushfire and all the other horrible things going around in the world recently, life in my small bubble has been pretty great.

I am going to try do a photoshoot today with my brother so I can actually produce better content. But this 6.30am rise and shine thing is still taking some time to adjust to. I think I need a nap...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! IT sounds like so many exciting things have been happening for you, congrats! :) it has been a tough start to the year so it's good to celebrate the small victories :)

    Good luck with your new job!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mica! Hope your year is getting better :)

      Delete

Blogger Template ADAPTED FROM The Sunday Studio. All rights reserved. © 2015 The Faceless Style