Navigation Bar

Tuesday 1 December 2020

THE ARCHER

"Easy they come, easy they go 
I jump from the train, I ride off alone 
I never grew up, it's getting so old 
Help me hold on to you 
I've been the archer, 
I've been the prey 
Who could ever leave me, darling 
But who could stay?"
- Taylor Swift (The Archer)


Sometimes I watch movies or TV dramas and they make me desire a man who's more protective. And I think at first it's very attractive, because my infatuation allows me to submit to them. However as time goes by, protectiveness can come off as control. And I'm a Sagittarius. I'm a free spirit. I refuse to be controlled. That is a huge turn off for me.

You tell me I shouldn't be going out for a late night stroll because it's not safe and I think you're being dramatic. To protect is a very primal masculine trait, but I'm not a very primal feminine being. I don't cook, I don't clean. I train my brain often and I train my body too. If I had a protective partner, it would only inhibit me from doing what I want, when I want. 

I trust myself and my instincts, so why rely on someone to tell you what's right and what's wrong. Protect yourself. You are not two halves coming as one. You are two wholes complimenting and supporting each other to be your best selves. Just because he doesn't question your decisions doesn't mean he doesn't care, it means he trusts your judgment and your ability to protect yourself. But should you require support and help, he would be there without a moment's thought. 

Often we get so caught up with something we want, that we overlook what we actually need. I am a young, ambitious, stubborn woman. I don't need a protector. I need a supporter. 

This months' article as promised to tie off 2020 and in celebration of the Sagittarius season, my birthday season and the season of many of my loved ones: my mother, my partner, my older brother and many of my friends. No time to take new photos as I've been hit with a chest infection then gastro all in one month (and busy working on a new business idea). So here are some never released before photos back in February 2017, when I was 22 (looking fitter than ever).

To be honest, aging scares me. 26 as of 30 November 2020 (yesterday, as of the date this article gets published). I'm officially stepping into my late twenties. And I know I will read this again one day and think 'silly girl, 26 and she thinks she's getting old'. I don't think I'm old though, but I know I'm getting older. I will definitely cherish 26 but as discussed in my previous article, significant life milestones happened in my parents' life when they were 26. And all my youth I thought 26 was old, and 26 was when I wanted to have accomplished my milestones. It's not healthy to put deadlines on yourself, especially for things you cannot control. Times like this I just need to focus, focus on the goals instead of focussing on the timeline.


TEMT White Crop Top / CottonOn Denim Shorts / Adidas Stan Smith Sneakers (Red)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun summer outfit! Sorry to hear you are sick, I hope you are able to rest up and get better soon! :) Sounds like you are having such a busy time right now though! Good luck with the new business.

    Hope that your week is off to a great start! We spent the day shopping with my sister yesterday, it was so much fun :)

    Away From The Blue | Handbag Gift Guide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mica! Glad to hear you had a lot of fun shopping with your sister. Bonding time with siblings is always important, it's good not to forget that as we all get older and have more responsibilities with our own family.

      Great to hear from you again! Hope you're staying safe xxx

      Delete

Blogger Template ADAPTED FROM The Sunday Studio. All rights reserved. © 2015 The Faceless Style